Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Shiraz and Sundrops

As it goes every year, the June heat sets in and I do not enjoy kniting nearly as much as the cooler parts of year, but that is jsut fine because I have begun to create the most delightful dresses! There are two designs that I have been working on lately, the Greek style a reconstructed piece and the Grape(soon to come) and totally handmade project, both of which I am ridiculously proud of.


The Sun Drop dress is featured on both my Etsy and Burdastyle pages and is the result of one old cotton dress and a very amazing 2 yd long scarf found at a thrift store . When I wear it I feel as if I should be outside at all times, and would be perfect for the beach.






By the way...



It has been a number of years that I have enjoyed the sounds made by Karin and Olof of The Knife, yet one day a few weeks ago I stumbled upon a song from new project by the female half, called Fever Ray. So far it is somber, yet eerie... I recommend it and I want more.






1 comment: